Broad beans with pesto and a poached egg
The (very short!) season for broad beans has begun, so to make the most of it, we’ve prepared a few recipes for you. First fire goes to broad beans with pesto and poached egg – perfect for lunch, dinner or lunch for work.
- Blend arugula with salt, nuts, lemon juice and oil.
- Season with pepper.
- Boil the broad beans, drain, pour over cold water and peel.
- Boil water in a large saucepan.
- Crack an egg into a small bowl.
- When the water begins to boil, reduce the heat, carefully place the egg in the water and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Stir the broad beans into the pesto.
- Arrange a poached egg on top.